What to see & do in Fort William & Lochaber
For local events information visit our Blog
You name it, you can do it in Fort William or the surrounding area, with such activities on offer from extreme sports to gentle walks, museums to a wildlife park you will definitely not be short of things to do on your self catering holiday. Don’t forget the large number of restaurants in the area as well so you don’t have to cook every night.
- Ice Factory – indoor ice + rock climbing… winter + summer outdoor hillwalking, mountaineering + climbing… tree top adventure course with tower, abseiling, giant swing + drop zone… shop… restaurant… bar/bistro… children’s play areas… equipment + bike hire
- Glen Coe Visitors Centre – Tucked away from view, just off the A82, is the ‘family friendly’ Glencoe Visitor Centre, with exciting interactive displays and activities for both adults and children.
- West Coast Railways – West Coast Railways operate a number of one-off railtours throughout the season in conjunction with a partner company, Railtourer, and Statesman Rail.
- Wolftrax – Run with the pack at Laggan Wolftrax and enjoy nearly 35km of the most up-to-date, year-round singletrack available in the country.
- Duart Castle - - on the Isle of Mull in Scotland is the ancestral home of the Clan Maclean.
- Treasures of the Earth – You will be amazed by this incredible display, which took nature more than 500 Million years to create.
- Wildlife on Eigg – From April to September, weekly guided walks with the island’s resident warden enables the visitor to discover Eigg’s many birds and flowering species
- Arisaig Marine – Cruise to the islands of Eigg, Muck or Rum on Scotland’s west coast on board MV Sheerwater and enjoy the varied wildlife and spectacular views
- Ardnamurchan Light House – At the most westerly point on the British mainland, Ardnamurchan Lighthouse has been guiding ships safely through the waters off Scotland’s west coast since 1849
- Ardnamurchan Natural History Centre – The Centre offers a combination of entertainment & education for all ages based on a strong foundation of relevant fact and quality presentation