What to see & do in Fort William & Lochaber
For local events information visit our blog.
- Ice Factory – indoor ice + rock climbing… winter + summer outdoor hillwalking, mountaineering + climbing… tree top adventure course with tower, abseiling, giant swing + drop zone… shop… restaurant… bar/bistro… children’s play areas… equipment + bike hire
- Glen Coe Visitors Centre – Tucked away from view, just off the A82, is the ‘family friendly’ Glencoe Visitor Centre, with exciting interactive displays and activities for both adults and children.
- West Coast Railways – West Coast Railways operate a number of one-off railtours throughout the season in conjunction with a partner company, Railtourer, and Statesman Rail.
- Wolftrax – Run with the pack at Laggan Wolftrax and enjoy nearly 35km of the most up-to-date, year-round singletrack available in the country.
- Duart Castle - - on the Isle of Mull in Scotland is the ancestral home of the Clan Maclean.
- Treasures of the Earth – You will be amazed by this incredible display, which took nature more than 500 Million years to create.
- Wildlife on Eigg – From April to September, weekly guided walks with the island’s resident warden enables the visitor to discover Eigg’s many birds and flowering species
- Arisaig Marine – Cruise to the islands of Eigg, Muck or Rum on Scotland’s west coast on board MV Sheerwater and enjoy the varied wildlife and spectacular views
- Ardnamurchan Light House – At the most westerly point on the British mainland, Ardnamurchan Lighthouse has been guiding ships safely through the waters off Scotland’s west coast since 1849
- Ardnamurchan Natural History Centre – The Centre offers a combination of entertainment & education for all ages based on a strong foundation of relevant fact and quality presentation