Eating out in Dornoch & Sutherland … a wide selection
There are a number of recommended restaurants, cafes, pubs and hotels to enjoy a wide variety of food and drink when self catering in Dornoch and Sutherland. Either cook at home or enjoy an evening out somewhere special.
- Dornoch Castle Hotel - Dornoch Castle has an excellent reputation amongst the local populace and visitors alike and is now recognised as one of the premier dining venues of the north and has retained Rosette status for the past 4 years.
- Mansfield Castle - Dining at Mansfield Castle is a memorable experience. The elegant dining room boasts wonderful picture windows overlooking the castle grounds which are floodlit at night.
- Shin Falls – Open daily for light refreshments, with delicious, seasonal home-made meals served from noon – 2.30pm (3pm on Sundays).
- The Royal Golf Hotel – The Royal Golf Hotel in Dornoch offers quality bistro style dining in the Conservatory Restaurant with its magnificent views across Royal Dornoch Golf Club to the Dornoch Firth itself.
- Luigi – By day a cafe serving Lavazza coffee, homede cakes and soups, fresh salads, seasonal specials, by night the menu is contemporary European with an emphasis on Scottish seafood and locally sourced ingredients.
- The Tongue Hotel - promises to deliver… a taste of Scotland, utilising fresh local produce available from a natural Scottish larder.
- The Benloyal Hotel – the dining room has everything you would look for in a restaurant. Magnificent views of the Kyle of Tongue, Ben Loyal, Ben Hope and the ruin of Castle Varrich accompanied by wonderful food and a well balanced wine menu.
- Royal Marine Hotel - exquisite menu will excite and delight food lovers and can be best described as modern Scottish cuisine with a strong highland influence.
For a wider choice of restaurants we have listed a selection of our recommendations.