What to do in Dornoch & Sutherland
For local events information visit our blog.
Explore this beautiful historic part of Scotland and eat in fabulous cafes, bars, restaurants and hotels throughout Dornoch and Sutherland.
- Historylinks Museum – dedicated to the history of Dornoch parish. The permanent exhibition shows the Cathedral, feuding clans, the shameful burning of Scotland’s last condemned witch and the treachery and violence of Picts and Vikings.
- Dornoch area fishing – There are two lochs in the Dornoch area, both within easy reach from the town centre to the loch side. Permits can currently only be sold for bank fishing at these lochs. Bank fishing is still allowed at Littleferry (south side only). Littleferry is a tidal estuary offering Sea-Trout fishing by spinning or fly.
- Dornoch Cathedral – The Cathedral is a 13th Century Parish Church set in the heart of the royal burgh of Dornoch seeking to serve the wider community in which it lies along with its sister churches.
- Royal Dornoch Golf Course – Formed in 1877, Dornoch has now been a Royal club for over 100 years!
- The Lochans, Davochfin – A well laid out fishery with four lochans stocked regularly with quality rainbow trout. Outdoor recreation – 10am-10pm with: Fishery – rainbow trout, Fly and bait fishing, automatic golf range, pitch and putt course, fly & bait ponds and Golf Range – full size with 10 bays & bunker. All equipment available.
- Sutherland Swimming Pool Complex
- Kyle of Sutherland Mountain Bike Trails
- The Falls of Shin – A day out at the Falls of Shin Visitor Centre is a truly wonderful experience for all the family.
- Smoo Cave - set into limestone cliffs, Smoo cave is quite large – 200 feet long, 130 feet wide and 50 feet high at the entrance.
- Timespan Museum & Arts Centre – a vibrant meeting place between our past and our future; linking culture, heritage, the arts, people and their ideas.
We have put together a dedicated area that gives you information on how to get here, what to do when you are here, where to eat and more information all in one place.