What to do in Aviemore & the Cairngorm area
For local events information visit our Blog
You name it, you can do it in Aviemore or the surrounding area, with such activities on offer from extreme sports to gentle walks, museums to a wildlife park you will definitely not be short of things to do on your self catering holiday. Don’t forget the large number of restaurants in the area as well so you don’t have to cook every night.
- Craggan for leisure – outdoor family entertainment in the heart of Speyside.
- Boots n Paddles – outdoor activities including open canoeing, archery, climbing, abseiling, hill walking, orienteering, mountain biking, gorge walking, canyoning and weaseling.
- The Whisky Castle – at Tomintoul is a unique Malt Whisky Shop with over 550 Single Malts on its shelves
- Alvie Estate – activities include: Clay Pigeon Shooting, Archery, Quad Bike Treks and Pony Trekking.
Fishing is also available with a choice of rivers or lochs.
- Rothiemurchus – walking and guided walks, cycling and mountain biking, clay pigeon shooting, 4×4 driving experience, quad biking treks, pony trekking, dog sledding, fishing, deer stalking, wildlife watching, osprey watching, shopping and tours.
- Loch Insh Watersports Centre – one of the biggest outdoor centres in Scotland. Specialising in mountain and watersports activities. Multi sport activity holidays for school children, either residential or for visiting groups each day.
- Cairngorm Snowsports - not-for-profit organisation that trades as The Ski School and The Snowboard School. The only ski and snowboard school based on Cairngorm Mountain.
- Aviemore Ski School – Ski Hire and Instruction Packages. Learn to ski all year round on a dry slope. Sledging for children too.
- Loch Morlich Watersports – from watersports to walking, mountain biking to fishing, you’ll find activities to give many fun filled days!
- Landmark Forest Theme Park - much more than just a great day out. Fun, discovery and adventure for all ages.
- The Strathspey Railway – steam engine train trips, lunches and dinners on board, snacks and party bookings. Based in Aviemore.
- Highland Wildlife Park – Experience Scottish wildlife as well as international endangered animals of mountains and tundra in the spectacular setting of the Highland Wildlife Park.
- Cairngorm Mountain -funicular railway, skiing and snowboarding, guided walks and events.